LightNight Liverpool Returns!
From 4pm-Late on Friday 18 May 2012
Locations across Liverpool city centre, most events FREE…
Rediscover the city with your friends and family, as Liverpool is illuminated with unexpected happenings and exciting activities late into the night.
LightNight unlocks the doors of our world-class museums and galleries, heritage sites and cathedrals, staging over 60 free events to inspire and delight visitors of all ages.
It’s time to put the date in your diary and start inviting friends and family to Liverpool for our big annual arty party!
Full programme to be announced 20 April 2012
Some of the early highlights:
- Enjoy the Rolf Harris exhibition launch at the Walker Art Gallery plus poetry and live music in the galleries
- Stroll through the Candle-lit Labyrinth at the Metropolitan Cathedral
- Be dazzled by architectural light projections
- Explore the Galápagos exhibition, special activities, food, drink and unique shops at the Bluecoat
- Travel to the future at FACT with Robots and Avatars, plus a dance party with a difference outside on Art House Square
- Travel back in time at Tate Liverpool’s Razzle Dazzle – music, dancing and film inspired by 1940s Hollywood glamour plus family printmaking
- Arena Studios & Gallery presents The Factory (Andy Warhol inspired!) where you can create a unique piece of art with the assistance of Arena’s ‘art workers’
- Try your hand at drawing from life with the Liver Sketching Club
- Enjoy James and the Giant Peach brought to life with shadow puppetry at The Brink Liverpool
- See the Baltic Triangle come alive with art, open studios, live music and aerial dance
- Spark your curiosity at Red Wire for their Open studios and fair featuring art, curious crafts and creative zines from resident artists
- A rare chance to see Liverpool Town Hall enlivened with theatrical performance
- The Big Dance Schools Pledge at St George’s Hall – part of the national world record attempt!
- Be moved by powerful photography exhibitions by Richard Mosse, Simon Norfolk at Open Eye Gallery
- Party late at Light & Sound – The Light Night & Sound City joint after show party
- Contemporary jewellery exhibition Transplantation at the Bluecoat Display Centre
Plus more special events at:
- Liverpool Cathedral
- The Royal Standard
- Breeze Studio
- News from Nowhere
- Arena Studios
- Camp & Furnace
- The Black-E and many more…
If you want to stage an event for LightNight please see: http://culture.org.uk/2012/02/01/call-for-events-light-night-2012/